camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Best component to use for a synchronous InOut route?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 04:24:04 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM, James Talbut <jtalbut@tardis.spudsoft> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a processor that needs to call out to another Camel route (multiple times) to
get some data.
> The complexities of when it calls out mean that it's not worth trying to put all the
logic into one route.
> What's the best component to use to make a camel route into a synchronous function that
can be called from the same VM?
> I could put a web service around the route and call that service from a normal CXF client,
but that seems a bit heavyweight.
> I could use a direct component to start the route, but that isn't synchronous InOut (or
can it be made so?) and it requires me to implement CamelContextAware (to get
> the Endpoint) which is a bit ugly.

You can also use @Produce annotation to reduce the Camel API in your
code. And there are other ways. Check some of these links. And if you
got the Camel in Action book, you may want to check chapter 14.

> Thanks for any pointers.
> Jim

Claus Ibsen
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews