camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lazily connecting to an endpoint
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:00:10 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a route to an xmpp:// endpoint. Trouble is, if that XMPP server is
> not "up", I cannot start ActiveMQ. It throws a
> FailedToCreateProducerException and promptly shuts itself down again.
>
> Is there an option to the URL to only connect on demand? I have added some
> code to handle errors which I wish to test.

Some components offer this option, like camel-mina. They have a
lazySessionConnection option.

The camel-xmpp component may need such an option as well. Fell free to
create a JIRA.

You can also configures routes to not auto start, but the routes will
still be prepared, and thus the xmpp endpoint may still fail on
startup
http://camel.apache.org/configuring-route-startup-ordering-and-autostartup.html

--
Claus Ibsen