camel-users mailing list archives

From unmarshall <unmarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel metamodel
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:01:21 GMT
Hi Charles,

The metamodel that you are pointing at only contains the element definitions
for a camel context. The endpoints which are specified via a URI and the
parameters that can be set on a particular endpoint do not have any meta
model.

The properties that can be set on an endpoint are essentially getter/setter
on the component/endpoint and have not been defined as a metamodel. When
graphically designing routes if a user selects say a JMS endpoint or a File
endpoint then all properties that are possible on the File/JMS endpoint
should be visible to the user. As of now it is a URI based configuration via
XML.

Best Regards,
Madhav

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Charles Moulliard [via Camel] <
ml-node+4574323-1746428816-141347@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Mahdav,
>
> What you call the metamodel is the Camel Schema that you can read it
> or import it in Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE tools -->
> http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd. This document
> represents the DSL language, words to be used, their values and
> grammar rules.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles Moulliard
>
> Apache Committer
>
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
> Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
> Skype: cmoulliard
>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM, unmarshall <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4574323&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there any effort being put in developing a camel metamodel which can
> then
> > be used to create camel routes during design time using a graphical
> editor?
> >
> > I have seen the graphical editor from fuse source, but it is not based on
>
> > any meta-model. In fact it is not even a generator and it still requires
> > users to know all possible properties for any endpoint. It is just a
> > graphical representation of a Spring XML based camel routes.
> >
> > What we are looking for is to allow users to graphically create camel
> routes
> > and then depending on the user choice generate Spring XML representation
> of
> > the camel context or DSL of choice.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Madhav
> >
> > --

> below:
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-metamodel-tp4574253p4574323.html

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not
know it, but for the sake of defending those that do