camel-users mailing list archives

From lunchbox <lunchbox4s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible memory leak in Camel
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:36:56 GMT
Hi Claus,

Yeah I am using suspend/resume now. It's the right approach for my use case.

The routes have each a JMS endpoint (ActiveMQ), they are transactional, and
one has an exception handler and also uses a web service (using spring-ws).

Slightly simplified:

from(jmsQueue1)
  .noAutoStartup()
  .onException(Exception.class)
    .to(jmsQueue2).continued(true)
  .end()
  .transacted()
  .to(webService);

from(jmsQueue2)
  .noAutoStartup()
  .transacted()
  .to(jmsQueue1); // there is no "infinite loop" here since only one of
these routes is active at a time

In any case, the difference between running out of memory and not is in
using start/stop vs resume/suspend. And yes, the memory leak could be in
ActiveMQ too (or somewhere) so nothing too definite.

Just posted my discovery as a friendly heads-up in case you have the time to
go over the code at some point keeping this in mind :)

Thanks,
Lunchbox