camel-users mailing list archives

From pvenini <pven...@mervaros.com.ar>
Subject Re: Re: Translate FIX message to HTTP request
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:05:19 GMT
Hi, I finally managed to go forward a few steps by modifying the quickfix
converter. The route I'm building looks like this:

from("quickfix:config.cfg").
filter(

header(QuickfixjEndpoint.MESSAGE_TYPE_KEY).isEqualTo(MsgType.ORDER_SINGLE)).
unmarshal(camelDataFormat).
to("jetty:http://localhost:8502/trade.php").
process(new HttpResponseProcessor()).
marshal(camelDataFormat).
to("quickfix:config.cfg");

The idea is that the FIX NewOrderSingle message is parsed by Bindy, an HTTP
request is generated an sent to the destination server and depending on the
response, a FIX message is sent back (an ExecutionReport).
This works OK up to the point of the marshal part, but when it gets to the
to:quickfix.cfg (the final destination in the route), the inMessage reverts
to the original NewOrderSingle message, an the Quickfix component throws a
null pointer exception.
Question is: is this route correct (I'm using the same endpoint for the
consumer and the producer) and if not, what should be the correct way to
send the response back?

Thanks

Pablo