camel-users mailing list archives

From lunchbox <lunchbox4s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduled Polling Consumer on FTP endpoint
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:57:43 GMT
Hi Claus,

Thanks for the info. But actually, the route is pulling messages from a JMS
channel if you check my first post on this thread :)

Also, it will most likely be a co-located or embedded JMS broker, so I think
that will improve the performance quite a bit compared to a remote FTP
server. But yeah, I'll do some testing and see how it all goes. Overall
Camel's performance seems real nice so I'm quite optimistic.

JMS is not listed in the batch consumer list so I guess that's off. I'm
using context.start/stopRoute, but looking at the other link you posted,
perhaps suspend/resume would be better?

And, although the JMS consumer is not batched, is there a way to know when
there are no more messages waiting in the queue? I'm using the
ActiveMQComponent if that makes any difference.

Thanks a lot,
Lunchbox