camel-users mailing list archives

From lunchbox <lunchbox4s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduled Polling Consumer on FTP endpoint
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:56:33 GMT
Hi Claus & Mitko,

Thanks for the replies. I actually went forward with the route
activation/deactivation scheme and my solution looks like follows:

from(quartzScheduler)
  .to(beanWhichActivatesResendRoute).delay(5000L)
  .to(beanWhichDeactivatesResendRoute);

from(...).routeId(RESEND) // route is initially not activated
  .to(...)

Since the messages may fail again, I put any failed resends in a temporary
dead letter queue. Then, when the resend route is deactivated, the bean also
activates another route which pumps the failed resends from the temporary
queue back into the resend queue. This is so there isn't a loop of furiously
resending when resends fail.

Here I decided that 5 seconds is enough :) The quartz scheduler will likely
schedule every one hour or something like that in production.

Do you see any problem with this approach?

Thanks a ton for the answers, plus, Camel is awesome! Keep up the great
work.

BR,
Lunchbox