camel-users mailing list archives

From enalposi <>
Subject Re: Each concurrentConsumer on JMS Topic receives ALL msgs
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:34:21 GMT
Hey Tim.

Sorry, I have everything parameterized and missed a few values. The
ExchangePattern is InOnly (system exposes same behavior for OutOnly for what
it's worth...). sleepTime is constant 1000 in this case - you see nicely in
the log how threads have a 1sec gap between ''start' and 'end' log and
different worker threads from the pool are sequentially picked up.

I initially observed this behavior on queues until figuring out that
threads(...) != concurrentConsumers...
But even for queues I am suspicious... if I for example set
concurrentConsumers=5 and threads(1) it will process sequentially. I would
have assumed the concurrentConsumer threads would automatically multi-thread
downstream but this is not the case. I have to set both concurrencConsumers
and threads(...) to the same number to achieve concurrency.

Based on these observations I either suspect a bug in the Camel worker
thread pool code or ignorance on my behalf how to use it correctly :-)