camel-users mailing list archives

From cjruffy <cjru...@gmail.com>
Subject XA transactions with JNDI defined JMS connection factories
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:51:29 GMT
Hello,

Using Websphere MQ 7 and Websphere 7, Camel 2.6, Spring 2.5.6.

Scenario 1
I have a JMS consumer on one queue manager and a JMS producer on another
queue manager a route is enlisted in an XA transaction and the source
message is successfully rolled back to the source queue as expected. This is
when the connection factory is defined in the spring.xml file.

Scenario 2
Looking up the connection factory defined in Websphere App server via JNDI
does not show the same behavior. The transaction is rolled back but the
message is not rolled back to the source queue. If we use the same queue
manager for source and destination it will rollback. It appears to be using
local transactions for this type of configuration.

Unfortunately our clients will require JNDI for security reasons so we need
to get this working.

I have looked throughout this forum I noticed someone has got it working
with jboss by deploying separate resource adapters for each queue manager:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-Spring-and-XA-td466686.html#a466687

Many Thanks

Chris