camel-users mailing list archives

From Mick Knutson <>
Subject Slightly off topic: choosing fan-out verse fail-over for activeMQ destinations?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:12:08 GMT
I am trying to determine the best approach for a CXF message input
application taking POJO event objects from a farm of applications. 400k to
600k messages per day right now, but growing to 1.5M to 3M in the next 12-18

I think that 1 machine can handle the load at this point, but I want a
fail-over. However, this would mean that one machine only gets used if the
other one goes down.

So, is it prudent to use the fan-out to dual servers, and if one goes down,
then other is picking up the slack anyways, and our WILY alerts us when the
server is down?

Or is there another strategy I should use for AMQ load balancing and

Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (855) BASE-LOGIC: (227-3564-42)
p. (478) BASE-LOGIC (227-3564-42)
f. (855) BASE-LOGIC: (227-3564-42)

Linked IN: