camel-users mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to export camel endpoint as OSGi service?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:58:12 GMT
Maybe a service object that contains a BlockingQueue to read from
and/or a method to write with.  Creating it could be done by passing a
URL to a service, or set up URLs and keys in the configuration so that
client bundles track the service by key.

Alternately, rather than a BlockingQueue, a service that accepted
event listeners (read: Processes) which would be called for each
incoming message.

This can be used to make the application non-camel-aware, but it would
then still need to be camel-facade-aware.  Should the facade therefore
be part of Camel, or a sort of subproject?

My chatterbot project sort of tries to do this.  One writes "parsers"
for it that can respond to incoming messages without necessarily
knowing where the message is coming from.  It's probably more complex
than what we're talking about, though; it's made for a multiuser
environment, and uses internal user IDs.

Don