camel-users mailing list archives

From Jason Burkhardt <jburkha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http not cleaning up tmp files when exchange is stopped
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:43:08 GMT
I dug into this a little further, here's the underlying behavior of the
HttpProducer:
The method doExtractResponseBodyAsStream in HttpProducer ends up creating a
CachedOutputStream based on the server response.  This ends up creating a
cos* temp file in java.io.tmpdir+/camel-tmp.
These files are only cleaned up when the application is stopped.
As a result if I leave everything running for several days this directory
grows very large as I request a few hundred mb a day via a web service.
Poking around the code I couldn't see anyway to alter this behavior via a
property, does anyone have a better idea other than writing a cronjob to
look for /tmp/camel-tmp-* every day and nuking it?