camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Is it possible to export camel endpoint as OSGi service?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:36:16 GMT
To not know camel at all would mean that you have to invent your own
abstractions and bridge between them and camel by hand.
If camel would offer such abstractions you would always be depending on
camel in some way.

One solution might be to use the NMR support in camel. See:
http://camel.apache.org/nmr.html
So you would only depend on some JBI interfaces.

Christian

Am 22.06.2011 17:28, schrieb Zhemzhitsky Sergey:
> Hi JB,
>
> The idea is to allow clients not to know about camel at all.
>

> Best Regards,
> Sergey Zhemzhitsky
> Information Technology Division
> Troika Dialog, 4, Romanov lane, Moscow 125009, Russia
> Phone. +7 495 2580500 ext. 1246

routes, component starting from the CamelContext.

> For instance, you can get the CamelContext from a bundle like this:
>
> ServiceReference[] references =
> bundleContext.getServiceReferences(CamelContext.class.getName(), null);
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 06/22/2011 05:11 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm using the latest version of camel and I'm wondering whether it is possible to
export a camel endpoint as OSGi service, so any non-camel-aware code can transparently use
camel functionality in OSGi environment. And in that case from the OSGi service consumer's
point of view, camel context is a simple OSGi service.

>> Best Regards,
>> Sergey Zhemzhitsky

>> The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and
protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from
your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect