camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Camel under OSGi without Spring et al.
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:23:27 GMT
Hi Willem and Mike,

I just tried to use the OsgiDefaultCamelContext in OSGi. This is not
directly possbile as the package is not exported.
In the end I found that there is a CamelContextFactory in camel-spring
that can be used to instantiate a camel context.

It works like this in the Activator:

CamelContextFactory factory = new CamelContextFactory();
factory.setBundleContext(context);
DefaultCamelContext camelContext = factory.createContext();

I wonder a bit why this clearly OSGi specific class is in camel-spring.
I would have expected it rather in camel-core-osgi.
In any case it seems to be the only way to instantiate the camel context
programmatically in OSGi.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider