camel-users mailing list archives

From Marco Zapletal <marco.zaple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using properties or headers to persist meta information on the exchange?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:58:55 GMT
Yes, I've read that. Actually, I just wanted to keep my (String)
properties when the exchange goes through the JMS queue (similar like
headers are kept over JMS queues).

If it is the intended behavior that exchange properties are stripped
away by the JMS component, I am fine with using headers instead.
However, this contradicts then in my opinion to the discussion in [1],
where it is mentioned that exchange properties should be used for
durable storing (serializable) meta information on the exchange.

--
The problem with the non-serializable MessageInfo (which violates the
JMS spec) occurs only if I set the transferExchange property on the JMS

regards,
marco

[1]
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/How-long-do-the-camel-headers-live-in-routes-td474477.html