camel-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <jtal...@spudsoft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Camel Web Console Questions
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:26:37 GMT
On 26/05/2011 13:13, James Strachan wrote:
> On 26 May 2011 12:57, Jim Talbut<jtalbut@spudsoft.co.uk>  wrote:
> Yeah. How about /camel/{contextId}/routes/{routeId}
>
> I picked /camel as the root URI for all contexts so that we can then
> mix this web app with other web apps showing other things without
> clashing
James

I've been trying to make it work without an additional component in the
path (i.e. without "/camel") and I'm giving up :)
It works OK in standalone, but gets confused in OSGi and thinks "images"
is the name of a context.
It also requires double slashes in paths (//routes for the global list
of routes) which is unpleasant (and doesn't work in OSGi, possibly only
works in standalone where there is no context path).

Isn't the web context path (which is "camelweb") the distinguisher
between this and other web apps?

Hence I think this is more logical and consistent:
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/   (returns all contexts)
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/contexts/    (the same)
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/contexts/camel-1  (details of 'camel-1')
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/contexts/camel-1/routes/route2  ('route2'
in 'camel-1')
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/routes    (all routes)
http://localhost:9080/camelweb/images     (pictures for the web UI)

If you disagree let me know and I'll change "contexts" into "camel".

Jim