camel-users mailing list archives

From Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Is it possible to export camel endpoint as OSGi service?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:28:27 GMT
Hi JB,

The idea is to allow clients not to know about camel at all.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky
Information Technology Division
Troika Dialog, 4, Romanov lane, Moscow 125009, Russia
Phone. +7 495 2580500 ext. 1246

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:21 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to export camel endpoint as OSGi service?

Hi Sergey,

Camel already exposes context as an OSGi service. So it means that you can get the endpoint,
routes, component starting from the CamelContext.

For instance, you can get the CamelContext from a bundle like this:

ServiceReference[] references =
bundleContext.getServiceReferences(CamelContext.class.getName(), null);

Regards
JB

On 06/22/2011 05:11 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using the latest version of camel and I'm wondering whether it is possible to export
a camel endpoint as OSGi service, so any non-camel-aware code can transparently use camel
functionality in OSGi environment. And in that case from the OSGi service consumer's point
of view, camel context is a simple OSGi service.