camel-users mailing list archives

From janne postilista <jannepostilis...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I configure a custom dead letter queue with transacted JMS route?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 07:26:34 GMT
I have a route which reads from JMS queue A, does some processing, and
writes to queue B.

I want the queue to be transactional. I also want to define my own
custom dead letter queue for the failed messages.

Based on this post
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Transaction-Error-Handler-with-Dead-Letter-Channel-td3232320.html
this is not possible? Once you use transactions with JMS route, JMS
server (ActiveMQ) has all the control over redeliveries and dead
message queues when transaction fails.

Isn't this a big flaw? Often there's need to

1. Guarantee messages are not lost in case of server crashes, etc
2. Configure processing of failed messages differently from successful
messages, inside Camel. For example, I might have a case where
successful message should be sent to JMS queue X, or FTP location Y,
or whatever, but failed message should be stored on filesystem.