camel-users mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject POP3 mail deletion
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 15:29:49 GMT
A design question regarding the mail component...

When I tried using the mail component with POP3, I had a problem with
deleting messages.  Depending on the server I was talking to, I had
either inconsistent and sporadic success, or consistent lack of
success.

I think I see what might be the problem.  JavaMail recognizes a
property called mail.pop3.rsetbeforequit, which, if true, sends a RSET
command to the POP3 server just before disconnecting.  The RSET
command is effectively a global undelete for the session.

By default, this is set to true in MailConfiguration in the mail
component.  I'm inclined to make this dependent on the delete field;
this would mean setting the delete field in the URI would result in
any and all message deletes done during the session being
automatically resolved.

My experience with POP3 and Camel mail handling is limited.  Is there
a reason not to do this?

Don