camel-users mailing list archives

From Tom Howe <tomh...@artcore.com>
Subject Using property placeholders in deadLetterUris.. in spring camel.
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 16:30:30 GMT
Hi,
We are using Property placeholders successfully in our routes but I cannot
find a way to use them for deadletter queues..

In the below XML example. You can see I am pulling in the value of
${ispy-in.endpoint} from a properties file to define the endpoint used in
the route.
I want to do a similar thing for the errorHandler's deadletteruri but
deadLetterUri seems to only take a URI. If I do something like
deadLetterUri="${dead.error}" /> I get an error a bit like :

"..Couldn't merge properties, the first properties object contains a key
that doesn't exist in the second. The key is called..."

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom

 <camelContext id="mrs" autoStartup="true" xmlns="
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">

        <errorHandler id="ispy.error" type="DeadLetterChannel"
deadLetterUri="XXXX" >
        </errorHandler>

        <!--direct endpoints-->
        <endpoint id="ispy.in" uri="${ispy-in.endpoint}"/>

        <!-- convert ispy messages to xml and place in general in queue -->
        <route autoStartup="true" inheritErrorHandler="ispy.error" xmlns="
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
            <from ref="ispy.in"/>
            <to ref="general.in"/>
        </route>