camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel CXF RS Consumer. Why serviceClass is required?
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 08:08:22 GMT
As the CXF RS need to instantiate the resource class to navigate the
resource. That is why we need the serviceClass to be class instead of
interface.

On 5/26/11 3:37 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> Hi Willem, Ben
>
> Thanks for the information.
> I tried to use the interface instead of class in the serviceClass attribute and I didn't
succeed because of an exception that told that the class is required.
> Here is the exception:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Resource class interface org.test.MyService has
no valid constructor
>          at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.lifecycle.PerRequestResourceProvider.<init>(PerRequestResourceProvider.java:45)
>          at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.updateClassResourceProviders(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:338)
>          at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:119)
>          ... 26 more
>
> I think that using an interface would be better in that case so I have reported the issue:
>

> Best Regards,
> Sergey Zhemzhitsky

Camel CXF RS Consumer doesn't all serviceClass instance at the end, it just route the request
to the camel route.

--
Willem