camel-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Karaf features file references mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.2.0/xml/features
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 12:17:15 GMT
You can do it at the feature level

<feature version="[2.2,3)">war</feature>

not at the repositories level.

I think it's more elegant to not use Karaf features URL in the
<repositories/> and use the version of the feature.

Regards
JB

On 05/19/2011 02:05 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM, James Talbut<jtalbut@tardis.spudsoft>  wrote:
>> Thanks Willem,
>>
>> Do you really need a specific version?
>> i.e. should camel not work with Karaf 2.2.1?
>>
>> Is it better to force people to use "known good" versions of Karaf, Camel, Spring,
etc. or to allow them to upgrade a single component at will?
>> My preference would be for documenting what the known good version are, but allowing
people the flexibility to try others (without having to download and edit
>> features files).
>> It's frustrating having to wait for everyone to release a new version in order to
get a fix to a single component.

> Maybe karaf need to eat its own medicine and support osgi version
> ranges, in the feature reference :)
> So we can just say that you need [2.2,2.3)
>

>> Jim
>>
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 07:46:05PM +0800, Willem Jiang wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As apache-camel feature is using the karaf features, such as Jetty and
>>> Spring. These features need a certain version of Karaf, so we specify
>>> the repository in the camel feature file.

but that's the default for karaf anyway.