camel-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Karaf features file references mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.2.0/xml/features
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 12:16:08 GMT
Hi guys,

from a general point of view, I prefer to not define Karaf in the
feature <repositories/> set.

The Karaf features are available by default in the Karaf runtime.

So simply adding:

<feature ...>
   <feature>war</feature>
</feature>

will install the war feature provided by Karaf.

Pros:
- you aren't link to a Karaf version

Cons:
- the features plugin validate goal won't work as it doesn't know the
Karaf features without the repositories definition

Anyway, for now, I think it's better to not define karaf features
descriptor in the <repositories/> section.

Regards
JB