camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Unit test camel with activeMQ
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 03:21:58 GMT
take a look at the camel-jms unit tests.  they should get you started with
setting up AMQ and asserting message flow, etc...

here is a good one to start with...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-jms/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/jms/JmsRouteTest.java

hbellat wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used Junit for java program but I need some examples to understand how
> it works in camel with activeMQ
>
> I wrote a simple camel.xml as follow :
>
> <camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
> <route>
> 			<from uri="activemq:start"/>
> 			<bean ref="MyBean" method="route" />
> 			<to uri="activemq:finish"/>
> 			</route>
>     </camelContext>
>
> and MyBean.java is :
>
>       public class MyBean {
>

> 	public void route(Exchange message){
>
> 		 String name = message.getIn().getBody(String.class);
>
> 		 name="test";
>
> 		 message.getOut().setBody(name);
> }
> }
>
> In my route I send any string like "my unit Test", this string received by
> the bean and affecte "test" in my String and route it to activemq:finish.
>
> How can I write a unit test for that simple code ?
>
> In my test I was wondring if my activemq must be started ?
>
> I will appreciate your help.

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://benoday.blogspot.com