camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <>
Subject Re: Symmetric routes
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 13:52:53 GMT

I did a little digging and it turns out that the QuickfixJ Converter creates
an in-only exchange... Not sure why, but then again I am not very conversant
with Quickfix and the message exchange patterns it supports.

If the exchange can be made to be an in-out exchange and the the Quickfix
event listener can also send responses to the endpoint, then you will not
need to write the second route.

Camel is fully capable of sending back responses (as we do in CXF) when
using in-out exchanges. The camel-quickfix component does not support this.

If you would like to have this capability and it is a valid usecase per
quickfix message exchange patterns, I would be happen to add a Jira issue
for the same.

Can you please let men know.

Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)

CamelOne 2011: