camel-users mailing list archives

From jguion <jgu...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Camel Activator OSGI
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 15:44:15 GMT
I am fairly new to OSGI and have never explicitly used the spring extender
but it looks like it is automatically installed if you use spring-dm. I can
take that approach and bundle up just my camel-context.xml and when I hot
deploy it, it will run the route correctly. I was trying to find a way to
just create a custom camelcontext file from our application instead of
having to create a whole bundle (jar).
It still seems strange I cannot use my own activator if I have one defined.
I think that if the camel-core bundle is installed and running in your
container, Karaf will try to use the camel activator and bypass any other
Activators, even for bundles that do not use camel and have no camel
dependencies. Would anyone be able to confirm this or know of a work around?
Thanks