camel-users mailing list archives

From Jens <smix...@dzbank.de>
Subject Re: Does onException not support multiple statements?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 15:49:28 GMT
>> Doesn't from("....").handleFault() work either?
>
> Building on my previous example I'm assuming it should look like this?
> If so then no, that doesn't work, either.

I think I should clarify. I'm not quite sure but I believe that what's
happening might be this:

1. The CXF endpoint gets called and causes a fault.
2. The HandleFault interceptor (assuming it gets called; haven't been able
to verify that yet) turns the fault into an exception
3. The first processor in the onException route gets called; after this
4. The route is still short-circuited because getException is non-null

Does that sound plausible?

What does work is inserting a processor first thing in the onException route
that removes the fault and instead of calling setException puts the fault
into the exchange under the EXCEPTION_CAUGHT property. It would be nice if
that effect was possible with "handled" without lots of manual intervention.