camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Camel with activemq
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 00:05:50 GMT
a couple of quick thoughts...

-if you want load balancing with AMQ, you need a
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html network of brokers
setup (as opposed to just failover)
-then you can have camel consume from a "distributed" queue (for example)
and let AMQ handle the abstraction/balancing of consumers, etc.
-Camel does have a  http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html load balancer
component if you want to manage this explicitly

anurag_gujral wrote:

> I have a following activemq setup ,I am using failover transport in
> activemq to connect to two brokers A and B ,the issue is that when
> producer starts it selects one of the broker to write data thereby there
> is no load balancing across the two brokers,after selection is made it
> only writes to the broker selected.
>
> Is there  a way I can use camel so that half of writes go to broker A and
> half to broker B
> Thanks
> Anurag

-----