camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Asynchronous Remoting with Futures
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:03:23 GMT
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Harald Wellmann <> wrote:
> I've tested this with a small example using Camel 2.8-SNAPSHOT and Future<T>
> over JMS, which works fine.

Thats great.

> The only problem I'm having is not related to the new features, but rather
> to thread pool configuration, e.g. to increase the reply timeout.
> From I can see I somehow need
> to configure a ThreadPoolProfile and/or an ExecutorServiceStrategy, but I
> can't figure out how to do this in Java - all the examples use Spring XML
> with Camel extensions, but I'm trying to use Java Config wherever possible
> and I'm hoping to get rid of XML contexts with Spring 3.1...

You can always find examples in the unit test.

I assume you have read

Camel in Action book chapter 10 shows you how to use that in both XML and Java.

Check out ExecutorServiceStrategy from CamelContext. Which has Java
API for the threading model.

And you can enlist custom thread pools in the Registry (for example
using SimpleRegistry) if you dont use Spring.

> Best regards,
> Harald
>> Am 31.03.2011 11:57, schrieb davsclaus:
>>> This has been implemented in Camel 2.8. You can now use Future in your
>>> client
>>> interfaces, and the invocation will now be asynchronous.
>>> And there is a little example here

Claus Ibsen
CamelOne 2011:
Twitter: davsclaus