camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default Behavior for aggregate
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 06:02:20 GMT
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM, pminearo <pminearo@reardencommerce.com> wrote:
> I didn't see anything posted on this (though I may have missed it).  I am
> using Camel 2.7.0.
>
> When using aggregate(), is there a default behavior?  What I mean by this
> is, let say you have the following Route in your RouteBUilder:
>

> from("jms:queue:myQueue").aggregate().process(new
> BatchSaveMessagesToDBProcessor());
>

> Would the default behavior of Camel be to just create a List of whatever
> objects are in Exchange.getIn().getBody()?
>
> I noticed there are 4 different aggregate() methods:
>

> aggregate()
> aggregate(AggregationStrategy)
>
> aggregate(Expression)
> aggregate(Expression, AggregationStrategy)
>
> Let's say all you want to do is batch up the messages coming in in order to
> do a batch save to the DB; would you need to specify an AggregationStrategy
> and/or Expression; or will Camel handle creating a List of what is in the
> "In" message body?
>
> What I have noticed is aggregate() and aggregate(AggregationStrategy) have a
> different API than aggregate(Expression) and aggregate(Expression,
> AggregationStrategy).  Why the difference?

There are methods on AggregationDefintion you use the continue
configure the EIP. Its part of the DSL.

See its documentation at
http://camel.apache.org/aggregator2

For example using .completionPredicate(predicate) etc.

Also the pattern is extensively covered in the Camel in Action book in
chapter 8.