camel-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Daly <>
Subject SFTP camelExclusiveReadLock race condition
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:40:46 GMT
Camel 2.7, Windows 2003

Continuing on from this issue

We recently moved to version 2.7.

And are polling files from a sftp server.

We have two client that are writing files to folder which we are scanning.
One uploads file using a temp name followed by a rename. Everything works

Second client uploads file to folder without a temp name, we appear to get a
race condition on the file
and in turn have incomplete files transfers to our 2nd route. Even after
setting readLock=rename

The only files that appear to pass through without problems from the second
client is the smaller files.

During testing, I can drop files PDF's onto the sftp server, and quickly
open a file.
SFTP consumer will wait until it gets a lock before processing.

However this lock does not appear to work whenever we have a slow producer.

We hope to get our client to change their process.