camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Handling
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:34:11 GMT
Just use a direct endpoint in the DLC.

Then you can use a camel route where you can grab the caused exception
message and do whatever you want with it.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:58 PM, John McDonald <mcdona22@gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel this is an embarrassingly simple question - but I've read around and cant get
things to happen the way I want.

> I am using the following dead-letter channel as a strategy for handling errors
>
>        errorHandler(deadLetterChannel("log:RoutingError?level=ERROR"));
>
> but my problem is that I am unable to control the log content.  What I would like is
to be able to emit the class of exception and the exception message - but this idiom simply
applies a toString() like formatting of the exchange with no indication as to what the failing
content is.  I have tried adding a beanRef at the end so I can get at the good bits but it
appears completely ignored

> What I really want is something that stops the route treatment (not attempting to roll
it back) so that I can perform my own processing including logging

--
Claus Ibsen