camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between camel-activemq (1.1.0) and activemq-camel (5.2.0) libraries
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 00:28:01 GMT
Yes, there is a subtle difference:
1. http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-package-applications-using-camel-and-activemq.html
"[...] you may wish to use Camel's Enterprise Integration Patterns *inside* the ActiveMQ Broker
[...]"

2. http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html
   http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
"The [Camel] ActiveMQ component allows messages to be sent to a JMS Queue or Topic or messages
to be consumed from a JMS Queue or Topic using Apache ActiveMQ" - i.e. outside the broker.

I hope that helps,
Hadrian