camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: camel-core-osgi
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 02:47:43 GMT
On 4/2/11 6:33 AM, Donald Whytock wrote:
> I was able to build an app with OsgiDefaultCamelContext, but I had to
> add a ServiceTracker to wait for
> org.apache.camel.spi.TypeConverterLoader to be registered.  Before I
> did that, my bundles were trying to create SEDA queues before
> camel-core had finished loading.

If you are setting your application system level great then the
camel-core, you may work around that kind of issue.

> If camel-core-osgi is going to be split into a separate bundle in 2.8,
> I'd like to suggest adding a couple things:
> - A service that supplies instances of OsgiDefaultCamelContext on
> demand.  This gives applications a service to track before attempting
> camel operations.

Do you mean that you want an service which works as a
OsgiDefaultCamelContext factory ?

> - An activator that does whatever service/bundle tracking is needed
> before registering the service.  This isolates applications from
> camel-core workings.
As there are lots of camel-components which will be loaded from
different bundle, even you can use the service tracker to wait the
TypeConverterLoader, you can not make sure

A better solution is the application bundle and camel component feature
bundle started with different system level.

May this blog[1] can give you some inspiration.

> Thanks...
> Don

Blog: (English)
Twitter: willemjiang