camel-users mailing list archives

From John McDonald <mcdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Error Handling
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:58:17 GMT
I feel this is an embarrassingly simple question - but I've read around and cant get things
to happen the way I want.

I am using the following dead-letter channel as a strategy for handling errors

    	errorHandler(deadLetterChannel("log:RoutingError?level=ERROR"));

but my problem is that I am unable to control the log content.  What I would like is to be
able to emit the class of exception and the exception message - but this idiom simply applies
a toString() like formatting of the exchange with no indication as to what the failing content
is.  I have tried adding a beanRef at the end so I can get at the good bits but it appears
completely ignored

What I really want is something that stops the route treatment (not attempting to roll it
back) so that I can perform my own processing including logging