camel-users mailing list archives

From bvahdat <>
Subject Re: error handling on Http POST from ActiveMQ to PHP application
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:38:14 GMT

davsclaus wrote:
> Welcome to the Camel community.
> The WARN message
>  WARN | Execution of JMS message listener failed, and no ErrorHandler has
> been set.
> Is in fact not about the Camel error handler. Its about JMS exception
> listener you can set on the Activemq/JMS component
> Yes I think the WARN message could be refined to better reflect this. Its
> this interface from the JMS spec

I'm a bit confused through your response... I think the warning:

Execution of JMS message listener failed, and no ErrorHandler has been set.

has nothing to do with the ExceptionListener of the standard JMS-API but
with the spring's own proprietary abstraction
org.springframework.util.Errorhandler. This warning comes through
AbstractMessageListenerContainer.invokeErrorHandler() method invocation
while consuming the jms messages.

Question: what about
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsMessageListenerContainer setting such a
Errorhandler on it's own (a default one), or that
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration would expose a setter/getter
API, so that we (camel-users) can inject a Errorhandler from outside while
working with the jms endpoints.

Note: Spring provides already 3 implementations of the Errorhandler
interface (LoggingErrorHandler, PropagatingErrorHandler and