camel-users mailing list archives

From bvahdat <>
Subject Re: Camel release 2.8
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:42:30 GMT
Hi Claus,

> Are there anything from 2.8 you need ASAP?

not really, we're already riding on 2.7.1. and that's all good for the

Still got another question: since weeks while running "mvn test" on the
checked out trunk on my box, it fails by the tests of "Camel :: Test"
component like:

Test set: org.apache.camel.test.patterns.DebugJUnit4Test
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.359 sec
testDebugger(org.apache.camel.test.patterns.DebugJUnit4Test)  Time elapsed:
0.312 sec  <<< ERROR!

The reason for my understanding is clear, as "camel-test" has a compile
dependency to "camel-spring" which has a dependency to "camel-core-xml",
however of a "provided scope" type. So that 'CamelJMXAgentDefinition'
doesn't exist on the classpath while the test is running, as the provided
scope dependencies are not transitiv.

However when you run the same test case inside an IDE (like eclipse) of
course that behaviour doesn't appear anymore, as eclipse and also "mvn
eclipse:eclipse" has no notion of a "maven's provided scope", so that
"camel-core-xml" comes into the list of projects "camel-spring" can see on
it's classpath, see eclipse.jpg .

Am I missing something?

Regards, Babak