camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Villemos <>
Subject Re: Camel Log4j Appender
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:17:52 GMT
Creating a custom log4j appender is very easy (... indeed we have one but we
are not happy with it as it only injects into ActiveMQ and not into a Camel

Our only problem (and this is now turning into a developer question more
than a user question) is how can the custom Appender which is a part of the
log4j hierarchy get a reference to a route producer template?

If we for example

1. Configure an instance of the custom appender and using the / log4j.xml file configure it to inject into the route

2. Configure a Camel route 'from("direct:logs").to("activemq:topic:logs)'

How do we in the log4j Appender get a reference to the ProducerTemplate with
the identifier 'direct:logs'?