camel-users mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject Re: Sending via smtp fails after some time
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:41:14 GMT
I'm only using one smtp endpoint. I also send email via logback via the same
smtp server with the same credentials and that never fails. I was looking at
how logback uses javamail vs spring and its quite different. Logback sets up
an authenticator with the transport, where passes the u/p with each connect.
Its amazing how (needlessly?) complex the javamail api is. I think if I
didn't have camel to send the emails I would just read the log file and send
paper mails via USPS ;-)

I'm upgrading to 2.7 now, but from what the camel code does I'm guessing the
issue is at the spring layer. But who knows. If I figure it out I'll of
course post it back here.

thanks Claus.