camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mueller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: aggregator - error handling default does not propogate error
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:37:40 GMT
Claus, this is unfortunately not the same behavior we found out with the
enrich processor (which also use the AggregationStrategy).
We can reproduce the following behavior (with Camel 2.6):
- If the exception is handled, the exception is not anymore set in the
exchange (exchange.getException() as you suggested in your book doesn't
work). We have to grab the exception from the exchange property
Exchange.CAUSED_EXCEPTION.
- If the exception is not handled, the AggregationStrategy is not called.

Please see also also my post at [1] where I got no response... :-(.

Is this the expected behavior (and we have to document it) or should I raise
a JIRA for it?

Thank you in advance,
Christian

[1]