camel-users mailing list archives

From fridlyos <albert.friedl...@citi.com>
Subject Low Latency
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:21:39 GMT
Hello....

I'm fairly new to Camel, and hoping I can get some insights into this...

I'm need to design and system, which has as low latency as I can.  I still
would like to leverage Camel, but not sure

1. How camel rout is initialized, that is - now frequently it's checking for
messages?
2. Using JMS - is this a poll, or the route is triggered immediately once
the message is posted on the initial JMS Queue (THIS IS THE MAIN CONCERN - I
understand SEDA vs DIRECT further down the route).

I guess, this is mainly related to JMS component.  Also, this is not a total
throughput issue, which can be addressed with different caching strategies.

Has anyone had to do something similar or researched similar issues?

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions....

Thanks....