camel-users mailing list archives

From Leonard Axelsson <leonard.axels...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation for automatic marshalling and unmarshalling
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:57:53 GMT
Hi,

At my current gig we have a route roughly like the one below where we send
in objects using the ProducerTemplate. Those are marshalled into xml using
JAXB (annotations) and then sent on to a JMS queue.

jaxb = new JaxbDataFormat("com.entraction.elp.api.message");

from("direct:in")
    .marshal(jaxb)
    .to("jms:someQueue")

What I found by mistake was that the route worked even if I remove the
marshalling step. The object will automatically, it seems, be marshalled. My
questions is, is this the right behaviour and if it is, where is this
feature documented? Automatic marshalling is nice, but I would like to know
for sure that it's intended and not a side effect of something else we do.

Regards,
/Leo

Leonard Axelsson
Agical AB