camel-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:39:36 GMT
After a bit of investigating I managed to resolve this problem. Apparently,
Serv-U uses UTF-8 for "control encoding". I believe this is the most common
encoding and, to my understanding, if the ftp server supports UTF-8 then it
should be used unless the ftp client requests otherwise.

If I add the following URI option to my camel route then it works:

*  &ftpClient.controlEncoding=UTF-8 *

I do, however, wonder if this shouldn't be the default in camel-ftp. I
certainly will make it our default. Acutally I think the default in Commons
Net Ftp is "ISO-8859-1" and I guess they should really change the default.
Or even better do like Filezilla: Send the FEAT command and if the server
responds with UTF-8 then it will be used.

/Bengt

/Bengt