camel-users mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <>
Subject Re: Service architecture
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:33:24 GMT
Hi Gonzalo,

regarding NRM, sorry no documentation besides the one provided by ServiceMix :)

Regarding multiple instances of Karaf, you can administer those via
shell commands and start / stop them through your first instance.

regards, Achim

2011/3/29 gonzalo diethelm <>:
>> Makes sense, besides one point, why do you expect you need multiple
>> Karaf instances?
>> Regarding Camel or Spring there is no need to deploy those in extra
>> Servers, because you only got
>> one CamelContext/SpringContext per bundle. Therefore I'm sure you can
>> use one Karaf instance with all your routes. ActiveMQ can be deployed
>> on top of Karaf too, since it is the basis for ServiceMix :)
> I think I might end up deploying on different machines, hence I would like to test this
on a single machine that has all the Karaf instances running inside it.
>> One reminder though, if you need to communicate effectively between
>> different Camel routes in different bundles you should think about
>> NMR, which runs best with ServiceMix :)
> NMR as in Normalized Message Router? I will take a look at this; can you suggest a good
introduction, besides ?
> --
> Gonzalo Diethelm

View raw message