camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: InOut exchanges require synchronized clocks?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 09:40:54 GMT
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM, bryan <> wrote:
> Thanks Claus, that link proved very useful. The only part of this that is
> Camel specific is that Camel sets the message expiration for InOut exchanges
> based on the request timeout. It would be nice if these two were not tied
> together. For instance, the request timeout is simply the time that the
> client will wait for a response before timing out and throwing an exception.
> It doesn't necessarily need to use the message expiration at all.

Yeah maybe we can offer an option for that. However the request
timeout (expiration) allows the broker to know if the message is
already timed out and thus should not process it, in case it had
messages stucked up in a queue.

So I think we should keep the default as is, and if possible add a new
option: disableExpiration

Fell free to create a JIRA ticket