camel-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:57:31 GMT
I'm using camel-ftp (Camel 2.6) on Windows XP.

Being Swedish the file names sometimes contain national characters (åäöÅÄÖ).
This does not seem to work well.

If I retrieve (get) a file via camel-ftp with the name "testäÄ.txt", the
name of the received file becomes "testäÄ.txt". If I try to retrieve a
file with the name "åäöÅÄÖ.txt" then camel-ftp doesn't seem to find the file
at all.

I've tested with Serv-U as the ftp server. However, I don't think the
problem is with Serv-U since retrieving the above files using Filezilla ftp
client works fine.

Do I have to configure camel-ftp in order to use the correct character set?
Any ideas?

/Bengt