camel-users mailing list archives

From Björn Bength <bjorn.ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: message/exchange identification
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:25:51 GMT
That depends on what level you want correlation and your use case, of course.
For instance, we have a set of "outer" containers dispatching requests
to one or more "inner containers"
through jms or http. And for that, propagating headers is necessary.
With that simple logic, it's easy for us to correlate the same message
flow throughout the entire environment.
We can also grab an externally provided correlation key/value to
populate our correlation Id,
or we could return the correlation id to the customer as a way to tie
a request all the way from end to end.

--
Björn