camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: type converter not loading
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:10:49 GMT
As we shipped the camel-spring and camel-blueprint at the same time, so
the org.apache.camel.core.osgi is not exported as public class.
The reason that we don't create another bundle of camel-core-osgi, is
camel-spring bundle detect OSGi and no-OSGi environment rightly. Which
means we could let camel-spring supports OSGi and no-OSGi platform at
the same time.

In most case, customer doesn't want to use the OSGi without any help of
spring-dm or blueprint.

If you want to create OSGiDefaultCamelContext yourself, you can wrap the
camel-core-osgi bundle yourself.

Willem

On 3/29/11 6:01 AM, Donald Whytock wrote:
> Okay...added camel-blueprint-2.7.0.jar, which required
> org.apache.aries.blueprint-0.3.jar, which required
> org.apache.aries.proxy-0.3.jar, which required
> org.apache.aries.util-0.3.jar, asm-3.3.1.jar and
> org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.0.4.jar.
>
> Tried creating an OsgiDefaultCamelContext, which worked in Eclipse but
> not in Felix, since org.apache.camel.core.osgi isn't exported by
> camel-blueprint.
>
> Tried creating a BlueprintCamelContext, but that seems to want a
> BundleContext and a BlueprintContainer.  I can get the BundleContext
> easily enough, but where do I get the BlueprintContainer?
>
> Or am I going about this the wrong way?
>
> And yes, I'd rather do this in Java and not in XML.
>
> Don
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Scott England-Sullivan
> <sully6768@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> If a project doesn't use Spring or Blueprint how do you create a CamelContext in
an OSGi container programmatically?

>> Thanks,
>> Scott
>>
>> Scott England-Sullivan