camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Straube <claus.stra...@catify.com>
Subject Streaming huge EDI file with camel
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:19:56 GMT
Hi all.

I've posted this on the smooks list, but there was nobody who could give
me a hint...

I'm trying to transform a huge edi file to xml. For reading the file I'm
using camel. Here is my route:

<snip>
from("file://target/in?noop=true")
.to("smooks://src/main/resources/smooks-config.xml")
.to("file://target/processing");
<snip>

My smooks config looks like this:

<snip>
<smooks-resource-list xmlns="http://www.milyn.org/xsd/smooks-1.1.xsd"
     xmlns:core="http://www.milyn.org/xsd/smooks/smooks-core-1.4.xsd"
     xmlns:edi="http://www.milyn.org/xsd/smooks/edi-1.4.xsd">

<!-- Configure the EDI Reader to process the message stream into a stream
         of SAX events. -->
<edi:reader mappingModel="mappingmodels/foo.xml" ignoreNewLines="true" />

<core:exports>
<core:result type="org.milyn.payload.StringResult"/>
</core:exports>

</smooks-resource-list>
<snip>

I'm getting a out of memory with a 30 MB edi file, but have to transform
250 MB files. So I need a hint how to get a data stream into smooks and
out again. Is there a sample who to handle big EDI files? Is smooks the
right tool for this?

Thanks in advance - Claus