camel-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <harald.wellm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Asynchronous Remoting with Futures
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:13:04 GMT
Am 15.03.2011 15:04, schrieb Claus Ibsen:

> We could maybe detect the return type is a Future, and offer support
> for that. I don't know how easy that would be.
>
> That said its my impression that its only a few Camel end users who
> needs to use the Future API.

Hmm, if you don't use Futures, is there any other way of getting the
asynchronous result of a proxy method call? Or is everybody directly
using send/receive without service proxies?

Some background for my question: I started looking into Camel as a
possible replacement for Lingo, which we're using in our project in
production. (Lingo is no longer maintained and only works for us with a
bunch of patches.)

But it seems that camel-jms only has a subset of Lingo's features (and
possibly some others) - we're heavily using EventListener callbacks with
Lingo. It may be a matter of taste whether or not Futures are preferable
to listeners and callbacks, but as long as Camel supports neither, I
guess we're stuck with Lingo.

Best regards,
Harald